Peer recognitions given in Q1 / 2020
What's your passion
Ready to join in a world class team of super talented tech enthusiastics? Our teams proudly develop an easy-to-use analytics from the cloud. Continuous delivery, sustainable pace, face-to-face communication and high quality are principles we follow. Our developers, DW specialists, analytics professionals and IT wizards make these happen.
Are you a visionaire? Do you want act as a link between retailing world and technology? That’s what the product management is all about. Hundreds and hundreds of stickies and mugs of coffee are spent in planning together with customers and tech teams. That's the groundbreaking work what our Product Owners and UX Designers do.
Do you want to see our products in action? Are you passionate to get our customers to the next level? Our leading edge products requires outstanding trainers, project managers, retail consultants, sales, and support services. A² professional services are ready to question the current way of working and think outside of the box.
Meet the team
The fabulous people behind the fabulous products
Hands-On Head of Data Science
Join us and create products with an analytical edge! You will be responsible for the overall analytics vision of our company and lead the development of A² Analytics Engine, a critical component of our architecture offering machine learning, forecasting and optimization capabilities to our entire product portfolio. Our primary application area is forecasting the impact and optimization of promotion, pricing and assortment decisions for retail.
You’ll create product concepts together with our Product Management and lead analytics development to make those concepts a reality. You’ll define & prioritize requirements for your team, managing the analytics backlog as an A² Analytics Engine Product Owner. You’ll participate in the development of new and existing analytical models.
This is a key position focusing on our new product line currently at the early pilot stage and targeted for the international market. Your goal is to create forecasting and optimization capabilities that give our solutions competitive advantage together with a competent analytics team already in place.
- Create and maintain analytics vision based on the needs of our Product Managers and the use cases their products solve
- Innovate to gain and maintain analytical edge of our product portfolio
- Plan analytics roadmaps, manage analytics backlog and prioritize it maximizing the value of work done by the analytics team
- Create and maintain mathematical data-driven models used in our solutions
- Oversee analytics development
- Improve and manage analytics processes from ideation to development and operations
- Participate in sales and customer success presenting our analytical edge, learning first-hand about the market need in meetings with prospects and customers
You have 5+ years of experience creating analytical models from simple & pragmatic to sophisticated & pragmatic machine learning models.
- Motivation to dive deep in understanding of our customers’ pains, processes and day-to-day realities to envision solutions that work
- Hands-on skills in machine learning, especially predictive algorithms (e.g. factorization models, logistic regression and Gaussian processes), neural networks (Keras, Tensorflow) and GBRT
- Retail domain knowledge especially in the context of retail analytics is a plus
- People skills and excellent communication skills in English (Finnish is a plus), ability to present analytics to business
- Programming and scripting skills: Python (Numpy & Pandas) and SQL
- Ph.D. or post-graduate studies in machine learning is a bonus, but not a requirement
- Team player attitude – you are surrounded by industry experts and product professionals, you need to leverage all their insights
We offer you:
- A position in a growth company at the forefront of modern retail – an excellent chance to learn and grow professionally even for senior talent
- Enthusiastic and innovative analytics team
- Lots of data
- Competitive compensation with extensive health care
- An environment with teams that consider the people & spirit to be our best asset
- Modern premises at Leppävaara with great traffic connections and services
If you got excited about this position and believe that you are the right person, please send us your application and CV in English or Finnish with your salary request on our website 17th January 2021 at the latest.
For more information please contact Jussi Autere, Chief Product Officer, mobile 050-3314285.
Applying time expired. Thanks to all applicants! We'll be in touch with you soon.
All locations / All roles
If you did not find a position that suits you, please send your open application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone gets the first day starter kit and the following benefits:
Modern workspace with a great location
Transparent and fair bonus
Free snacks & refreshments
Top of the line tools
Culture of continuous learning
Events & Hobby clubs